Leviathan, or, The matter, form, and power of a common-wealth, ecclesiastical and civil
- by Thomas Hobbes of Malmesbury.
- London : Printed for Andrew Crooke ..., 1651.
- Physical description
- , 394 p., 2 leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. ; 34 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|JC153 .H65 1651 F||In-library use|
|TAN-2046 F||In-library use|
- Hobbes, Thomas, 1588-1679.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Matter, form, and power of a common-wealth, ecclesiastical and civil
- With an additional engraved title page (plate).
- In this edition the title page ornament is an upside-down triangle of 25 ornaments grouped in 5 rows. -- Macdonald.
- Page nos. 249-250 repeated in numbering, 257-260 omitted in numbering; p. 396 wrongly numbered 394.
- Errata: p.  (1st sequence).
- ESTC (RLIN), R229080.
- Wing H2248.
- Macdonald and Hargreaves. Thomas Hobbes, 44.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #5359 (TAN).
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: Max Lazard (bookplate).
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC TAN-2046 F): The Charles J. Tanenbaum Collection of the Eighteenth Century. Provenance: C.W.H. Sotheby (armorial bookplate).
Browse related items
Start at call number: