Biomaterials and bioengineering handbook
- Donald L. Wise.
- New York : Marcel Dekker, c2000.
- Physical description
- vii, 920 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|R857 .M3 W57 2000||Unknown|
- Wise, Donald L. (Donald Lee), 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- A report on progress in the development of materials used in or on the human body, ranging from biopolymers used in controlled-release drug delivery systems and prosthetic devices to metals used in bone repair and "plastics" used in absorbable mechanisms such as sutures. The work examines both research and clinical issues surrounding traditional and emerging biomaterials from a variety of professional perspectives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0824703189 (acid-free paper)
- 9780824703189 (acid-free paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: