Biosphere 2 : research past and present
- edited by B.D.V. Marino, H.T. Odum.
- [Great Britain?] : Elsevier Science, c1999.
- Physical description
- 358 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biosphere 2 - introduction and research progress-- Biospherics and Biosphere 2, Mission One (1991-1993)-- Biosphere 2 - engineering design-- construction and engineering of a created environment -overview of the Biosphere 2 closed system-- tropical rainforest biome and Biosphere 2 - structure-- composition and results of the first two years of operations-- characteristics of soils in the tropical rainforest biome and Biosphere 2 after three years-- simulations of community metabolism and atmospheric carbon dioxide and oxygen concentrations in Biosphere 2-- litterfall and decomposition rates in Biosphere 2 terrestrial biomes-- the Biosphere 2 coral reef biome-- mangrove ecosystem development in Biosphere 2-- soil in the agricultural area of Biosphere 2 (1991-1993)-- bioregenerative recycling of wastewater in Biosphere 2 using a constructed wetland -two year result-- the agricultural biome of Biosphere 2 - structure, composition and function-- the diel carbon cycle of the Biosphere 2 ocean-- high quality-- continuous measurements of CO2 in Biosphere 2 to assess whole mesocosm carbon cycling-- ecosystem-level evapotranspiration and water-use efficiency in the desert biome of Biosphere 2-- growing wheat in Biosphere 2 under elevated CO2 -observations and modelling-- dynamics of the global water cycle of Biosphere 2-- simulation of the water cycle in Biosphere 2-- the Biosphere 2 canopy access system-- multispectral imaging of vegetation at Biosphere 2-- simulation of heat and humidity budgets of Biosphere 2 without its air conditioning.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080432083 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This text presents a collection of papers reporting research results from the different biomes in Biosphere 2 and represents an opportunity for ecologists from all backgrounds to learn about research progress, past and present at the Biosphere Centre.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080432083 20160528
- Publication date
- "Reprinted from Ecological engineering special issue, vol. 13, nos. 1-4."
- Related Work
- Ecological engineering.
Browse related items
Start at call number: