The Lost films of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, the complete collection. Volume 7 [videorecording].
- [United States] : Image Entertainment [distributor], [1999?]
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (ca. 130 min.) : sd, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Hardy, Oliver, 1892-1957.
- Laurel, Stan.
- Finlayson, James, 1887-1953.
- Kennedy, Edgar, 1890-1948.
- Barty, Jack, 1888-1942.
- Nelson, Billy, 1903-1973
- Garvin, Anita, 1907-1994
- Harlow, Jean, 1911-1937.
- Roach, Hal, 1892-1992
- Todd, Thelma, 1905-1935
- Busch, Mae.
- Hal Roach Studios.
- Image Entertainment (Firm)
- Unaccustomed as we are (1929, 21 min.) / directed by Lewis R. Foster ; with Edgar Kennedy, Thelma Todd, Mae Busch
- Should married men go home? (silent, 1928, 22 min.) / directed by James Parrot; with Edgar Kennedy and Viola Richards
- Mixed nuts (1934, 18 min.) / directed by James Parrott ; with Jack Barty, Billy Nelson
- Sailors beware (silent, 1927, 26 min.) / directed by Fred Guiol and Hal Yates ; with Anita Garvin
- Double whoopee (1929, 19 min.) directed by Lewis R. Foster, with Jean Harlow ; voice characterizations by Chuck McCann
- With love and hisses (silent, 1927, 24 min.) / directed by Fred Guiol ; with James Finlayson
- Unaccustomed as we are is Stan and Ollie's first "all-talking" picture in which Ollie brings Stan home to lunch, to the displeasure of his wife. Should married men go home? involves a game of golf with two babes turns into a mud fight. Mixed nuts is an "all-star" musical comedy spoofing FDR's New Deal. In Sailors beware Stan is shanghaied aboard Hardy's cruise ship. Double whoopee is an "All-talking" version of the great Laurel and Hardy silent classic in which a hotel footman and doorman are mistaken for visiting royalty, causing havoc among the guests. Originally silent, voice impersonators later dubbed in voices to make it a talkie version. With love and hisses is a beautifully tinted original print of early Laurel and Hardy team which finds the Boys in the Army, causing trouble for Jimmie Finlayson.
- Release date
- Production date
- Silent and sound films; silent films have musical accompaniment.
- Production Credits
- Produced by Hal Roach Studios.
- All films except for Mixed nuts feature Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.
- Included Work
- Unaccustomed as we are.
- Should married men go home?
- Mixed nuts.
- Sailors beware.
- Double whoopee.
- With love and hisses.
Browse related items
Start at call number: