Positions, motions, and cosmic evolution
- Reinhard E. Schielicke, ed.
- Hamburg, Germany : Astronomische Gesellschaft, 1996.
- Physical description
- 339 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reviews in modern astronomy ; 9
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Karl Schwarzschild Lecture: Scaling laws in multiple light scattering under very small angles / H.C. Van de Hulst
- Ludwig Biermann Award Lecture: Gamma rays from compact objects / K. Mannheim
- Highlight results from the Compton Gamma-Ray Observatory / V. Schönfelder
- HIPPARCOS, a new start for many astronomical and astrophysical topics / C. Turon
- GAIA, the successor of HIPPARCOS in the 21st century / U. Bastian, E. Shilbach
- The operations model for the Very Large Telescope / D. Baade
- The Heinrich Hertz Telescope - a new instrument for submillimeter-wavelength astronomy / J.W.M. Baars, R.N. Martin
- The extragalactic distance scale and the Hubble constant: controversies and misconceptions / L. Gouguenheim, L. Bottinelli, G. Theureau, G. Paturel, P. Teerikorpi
- Why is there still controversy on the Hubble constant? / G.A. Tammann
- Dust in interplanetary space: a component of small bodies in the solar system / I. Mann
- Production of energetic particles at the heliospheric shock - implications for the global structure of the heliosphere / H. Fichtner
- Calibrating late stellar evolution by means of [zeta] Aur systems - blue loop luminosity as a critical test for core-overshooting / K.-P. Schröder, P.P. Eggleton
- Jets in high-luminosity compact radio sources / J.A. Zensus, T.P. Krichbaum, A.P. Lobanov
- Positions, motions, and evolution of the oldest stellar populations / G. Gilmore
- Modelling the evolution of galaxies / M. Samland, G. Hensler
- Fields of activity for astronomers and astrophysicists in industry - Survey and experience in chemical industry / J. Kallrath.
- Publication date
- "... contributions ... presented during the International Scientific Conference of the Society on Positions, Motions, and Cosmic Evolution,' combined together with the working group 'Extraterrestrial Research' of the German Physical Society, held at Bonn, September 18 to 22, 1995"--Preface.
Browse related items
Start at call number: