The essence of technical communication for engineers : writing, presentation, and meeting skills
- Herbert L. Hirsch.
- New York : IEEE Press, c2000.
- Physical description
- xi, 89 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Hirsch, Herbert L.
- Preface-- Acknowledgments-- Introduction to the Art of Communication-- THE WRITTEN DOCUMENT: PROSE AND PANIC-- Planning the Document-- Acquiring a Healthy Writing Attitude-- Producing the Document-- THE FORMAL PRESENTATION: DISSERTATION OR DISASTER-- Planning the Presentation-- Acquiring the Successful Presentation Attitude-- Conducting the Presentation-- THE INFORMAL DISCUSSION: MEETINGS AND MISHAPS-- Planning for the Meeting-- Acquiring a Meeting Attitude-- Participating in the Meeting-- Conclusion-- Index-- About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780780347380 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- A practical guide, written for engineers, on the communication dynamics of writing, presentation delivery, and meeting interaction. It describes how the principles of "connection", "flow" and "reinforcement" may be applied to each element of communication.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780780347380 20160527
- Publication date
- Includes index.
Browse related items
Start at call number: