The Music of Broadway 1938 [sound recording].
- New York : NLM, 
- Physical description
- 2 sound discs : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Box Office production.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|NLM 1988-1||In-library use|
- Right this way: I can dream, can't I?; I'll be seeing you
- Leonard Sillman's Who's who: Rinka tinka man; I dance alone
- I married an angel: I married an angel; I'll tell the man in the street; At the Roxy Music Hall; How to win friends and influence people; Did you ever get stung?; Spring is here
- You never know: You never know; At long last love; From alpha to omega; You never know; What shall I do?; Maria; From alpha to omega; At long last love; For no rhyme or reason --
- -- Sing out the news: PLaza 6-9423; Yip-ahoy; My heart is unemployed; F.D.R. Jones; How long can love keep laughing?
- Knickerbocker holiday: September song; The scars; How can you tell an American?; There's nowhere to go but up
- All around the town: Ya got me; There's no place like your arms; When I go a-dreamin
- Leave it to me: Far, far away; From now on; Get out of town; Most gentlemen don't like love; My heart belongs to daddy
- The boys from Syracuse: Oh, Diogenes; Falling in love with love; This can't be love; Sing for your supper; You have cast your shadow on the sea; The shortest day of the year
- Great lady: I have room in my heart; Why can't this night go on forever
- Hellzapoppin: No wonder; G'bye now.
- Included Work
- Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979. I married an angel. Selections; arranged.
- Fain, Sammy, 1902-1989 Right this way. Selections; arranged.
- Porter, Cole, 1891-1964. You never know. Selections; arranged.
- Porter, Cole, 1891-1964. Leave it to me. Selections; arranged.
- Rome, Harold, 1908-1993 Sing out the news. Selections; arranged.
- Weill, Kurt, 1900-1950. Knickerbocker holiday. Selections; arranged.
- Boland, Clay, 1903-1963. All around the town. Selections; arranged.
- Loewe, Frederick, 1901-1988. Great lady. Selections; arranged.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Right this way
- Leonard Sillman's Who's who
- I married an angel
- You never know
- Sing out the news
- Knickerbocker holiday
- All around the town
- Leave it to me.
- Boys from Syracuse
- Great lady
- Box Office production
- Vocal and instrumental selections from Broadway musicals and revues, some performed by their originators.
- Performed by Walter, Harold J. Rome, Hal Kemp, Eddy Duchin, Joseph Rines, Gail Reese, Ray Morton, Bunny Berigan, Dick Todd, Edythe Wright, Mary Martin, Frances Langford, Rudy Vallee, Walter Huston, Martha Tilton, Audrey Christie, Bea Wain, et al.
- Publisher Number
- NLM 1988-1 NLM