American national biography [electronic resource]
- Uniform Title
- American national biography (Online)
- [New York] : Oxford University Press, c2000.
- Includes bibliographical references.
"Offers portraits of more than 17,400 men and women, from all eras and walks of life, whose lives have shaped the nation."
- Features thousands of illustrations, hyperlinked cross-references and links to select web sites.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- ANB online
- File Characteristics
- Computer data
- Title from introductory screen (as viewed on 5/24/2000).
- "The life of a nation is told by the lives of its people."
- Updated quarterly.
- "Published under the auspices of the American Council of Learned Societies and Oxford University Press."
- Access restricted to subscribers.
- File/Data Type
- Electronic database.
- Images are in GIF and JPG; text is in HTML.
- Also issued in print format.
- System requirements: Internet connectivity, World Wide Web browser (Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher or Netscape 4.01 or higher).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.