Physical methods in bioinorganic chemistry : spectroscopy and magnetism
- edited by Lawrence Que, Jr..
- Sausalito, Calif. : University Science Books, c2000.
- Physical description
- vii, 556 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Que, Lawrence, 1949-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Electronic Absorption Spectroscopy-- D.McMillin - Resonance Raman Spectroscopy-- T.G.Spiro & R.S.Czernuszewicz - Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Metalloproteins-- G.Palmer - ESEEM and ENDOR Spectroscopy-- N.D.Chasteen & P.A.Snetsinger - CD and MCD Spectroscopy-- M.K.Johnson - Aspects of 57Fe MOssbauer Spectroscopy-- E.Munck - Molecular Magnetism in Bioinorganic Chemistry-- J.Girerd & Y.Journaux - Nuclear Magnetic Resonance of Paramagnetic Metal Centers in Proteins and Synthetic Complexes-- L.Ming - X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy-- R.A.Scott - Case Study: CuA Site of Cytochrome c Oxidase-- J.Sanders-Loeh - Case Study: Isopenicillin N Sythase-- L.Que, Jr. - Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This text offers a detailed coverage of the physical methods used in bioinorganic chemistry. It provides a fundamental understanding of each method and demonstrates how data obtained from a system of bioinorganic interest can be interpreted. Case studies are presented in the last chapter in which more than one technique has been applied to gain insight into each given bioinorganic problem.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 1891389025 (alk. paper)
- 9781891389023 (alk. paper)
- 9781891389689 (1st paperback impression)
- 1891389688 (1st paperback impression)