The lost films of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, the complete collection. Volume 4 [videorecording].
- [S.l.] : Hal Roach Studios : Image Entertainment [distributor], c1999.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (ca. 120 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- They go boom! (1929, 20 min.) / directed by James Parrott ; with Charley Hall
- Their purple moment (silent, 1928, 21 min.) / directed by James Parrott ; with Anita Garvin
- Bacon grabbers (silent, 1929, 20 min.) / directed by Lewis R. Foster / with Edgar Kennedy, Charlie Hall, Jean Harlow
- Should sailors marry? (silent, 1925, 22 min.) / directed by Jess Robbins and James Parrott ; with Clyde Cook, Noah Young and Fay Holderness
- Unaccustomed as we are (silent, 18 min.) / directed by Lewis R. Foster ; with Thelma Todd, Edgar Kennedy Mae Busch
- On the wrong trek (1936, 19 min.) / directed by Charlie Chase and Harold Law / with Charlie Chase, Rosina Lawrence, Clarence Wilson.
- In They Go Boom, Ollie catches a cold. In Their Purple moment, Stan and Ollie go out to a nightclub with money they have hidden from their wives. In Bacon grabbers, Stan and Ollie try to repossess a radio. Should Sailors Marry is a Clyde Cook comedy in which Clyde's golddigger wife has him insured and then tries to bump him off, with Hardy in a small role as a doctor. Unaccustomed as we are is the the silent version of their first talkie in which Ollie brings Stan home for dinner, to the disapproval of his wife. On the Wrong Track is a Charlie Chase film in which the and his family are robbed on their way to California and end up in a hobo camp; Laurel and Hardy have a cameo as hitchhikers.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title from disc surface.
- Silent and sound films; silents have musical accompaniment and English intertitles.
- Mastered from original 35mm material ; shorts 1, 5, and 6 from original nitrate camera negatives. With Vitaphone music and effects or sound (#1, #6).
- Descriptive notes on container.
- Originally produced as motion pictures in 1925-1936.
- Production Credits
- Produced by Hal Roach studios.
- Films feature Stanf Laurel and Oliver Hardy, except for Should Sailors Marry? which features Oliver Hardy.
- DVD ; digital sound.
- Included Work
- They go boom!
- Their purple moment.
- Bacon grabbers.
- Should sailors marry?
- Unaccustomed as we are.
- On the wrong trek.
- Publisher Number
- HRS 4794 Image
Browse related items
Start at call number: