Stanford University map collection, 1853-1997
- Physical description
- 423 items (approx.)
- 3 volumes
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|SC1049 FLAT BOX A1||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX A2||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX A3||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX A4||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX B1||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX B2||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX C1||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX C2||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX C3||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX D1||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX D2||In-library use|
|SC1049 FLAT BOX D3||In-library use|
|SC1049 TUBE 1||In-library use|
Items from this collection are featured in:
- Corporate Author
- Stanford University. Archives.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- The maps in this collection pertain to the University campus, to other lands owned by Jane and Leland Stanford or the University, and to adjacent communities. Included are maps of the Palo Alto Stock Farm, the land in Santa Clara County that Leland and Jane Stanford purchased as a country home and trotting horse farm which later became the campus of Stanford University; plans for the proposed campus by F. L. Olmsted & Company; miscellaneous campus maps for planting schemes, location of the Peninsular Railway line on campus, plans for Junipero Serra Boulevard, and housing subdivisions; maps of adjacent communities of Mayfield, Woodside, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park along with other subjects such as San Francisquito Creek, Searsville Lake, and Greystone Quarry. There are also three map books: a small volume concerning assorted lands owned by the Stanfords, c. 1869-1903; a block book for the campus, 1901-1903; and insurance maps for the campus, 1917.
- Olmsted, Frederick Law, 1822-1903.
- Stanford, Jane Lathrop, 1828-1905.
- Stanford, Leland, 1824-1893.
- Palo Alto Stock Farm.
- Peninsular Railway.
- Stanford University > Maps.
- Searsville Lake (Calif.)
- San Francisquito Creek (Calif.)
- Stanford University > Faculty housing.
- Stanford University > Properties.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
Browse related items
Start at call number: