Yiddish & Hebrew theater : ephemera, ca. 1936-1974
- Physical description
- 2 linear ft. (4 manuscript boxes)
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
M1133 BOX 1
M1133 BOX 2
M1133 BOX 3
M1133 BOX 4
M1133 BOX 5
M1133 BOX 6
M1133 BOX 7
M1133 BOX 8
M1133 BOX 9
- In-library use M1133
- Lahad, Ezra, 1918-1995, collector.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Yiddish and other theater ephemera including Purim plays, a program aabout Ida Kaminska and the Jewish State Theatre of Poland, and programs for the Fourth Theatre Festival of Moscow-Leningrad, 1936.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Ezra Lahad (1918-1995) was born in Minsk, attended a Yiddish-language gymnasium in Vilna (Vilnieus), and emigrated to Palestine in 1935. From 1948 to 1961 he served in the Israeli Defense Forces, in military procurement and ammunitions. His last position in the IDF was editor of the bulletin of the Israeli fleet, "Be-ma'arkhot yam." Subsequently, in civilian life, he edited a publication issued by the municipality of Haifa, "Hefah 'ovedet." Upon retirement he served as a volunteer at the Ghetto Fighters' House, a Holocaust museum and archive located in a kibbutz in northern Israel that was established by Holocaust survivors.
- Received by the library, 1998.