Handbook of analytical techniques
- edited by Helmut Günzler and Alex Williams.
- Weinheim ; New York : Wiley-VCH, c2001.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xiv, 1182 p.) : ill. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD78 .H36 2001 V.1||In-library use|
|QD78 .H36 2001 V.2||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Analytical Chemistry: Purpose and Procedures. Quality Assurance in Instrumentation. Chemometrics. Weighing. Sampling. Sample Preparation for Trace Analysis. Trace Analysis. Radionuclides in Analytical Chemistry. Enzyme and Immunoassays. Basic Principles of Chromatography. Gas Chromatography. Liquid Chromatography. Thin Layer Chromatography. Electrophoresis. Structure Analysis by Diffraction. Ultraviolet and Visible Spectroscopy. Infrared and Raman Spectroscopy. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Electron Spin Resonance Spectroscopy. Mossbauer Spectroscopy. Mass Spectrometry. Atomic Spectrometry. Laser Analytical Spectrometry. X--Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry. Activation Analysis. Analytical Voltammetry and Polarography. Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. Surface Analysis. Chemical and Biochemical Sensors. Microscopy. Techniques for DNA Analysis. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The "Handbook of Analytical Techniques" serves as a concise, one-stop reference source for every professional, researcher, or student using analytical techniques. All relevant spectroscopic, chromatographic, and electrochemical techniques are described, including chemical and biochemical sensors, as well as e. g. thermal analysis, bioanalytical, nuclear or radiochemical techniques. Special articles are devoted to general topics such as chemometrics, sampling, and sample preparation. All articles were written and reviewed by acknowledged experts. They cover the fundamentals, instrumentation, and applications of each technique. Numerous references for each article facilitate access to the primary literature. This two-volume handbook comprises almost 1,200 pages with more than 900 figures and has an attractive two-column page layout. It is the key source for problemsolving in all areas of analysis, e. g. of food, water, wastewater, air, soil, biomolecules, pharmaceuticals, or for materials characterization.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 3527301658 (acid-free paper)
- 9783527301652 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: