George Gershwin : a bio-bibliography
- Norbert Carnovale.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2000.
- Physical description
- xiv, 608 p. : 1 ill. ; 25 cm.
- Bio-bibliographies in music ; no. 76.
|ML134 .G29 C37 2000||In-library use|
- Carnovale, Norbert, 1932-2000
- Discography: p. -282.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Brief Biography-- Works and Performances-- Individual Songs-- Discography-- Filmography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313260032 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- A brief biography and comprehensive bibliography of the life and work of American composer and icon of the American Jazz Age, George Gershwin. The biography examines Gershwin's influences and situates him within the cultural context of his time, whilst the bibliography provides a complete cross-reference list of all his compositions. There is also a discography of more than 1150 items, and a descriptive filmography. The bibliography includes writings by both George and Ira and more than 2100 entries about George's compositions. A separate index lists itineraries for the famous Paul Whiteman tours (1924-1925) and the Leo Reisman tour (1934), at which Gershwin's music figured prominently.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313260032 20160528
- Publication date
- Bio-bibliographies in music, 0742-6968 ; no. 76
- 0313260036 (alk. paper)
- 9780313260032 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: