Routledge international encyclopedia of women : global women's issues and knowledge
- Cheris Kramarae and Dale Spender, general editors.
- New York : Routledge, 2000.
- Physical description
- 4 v. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HQ1115 .R69 2000 V.1||In-library use|
|HQ1115 .R69 2000 V.2||In-library use|
|HQ1115 .R69 2000 V.3||In-library use|
|HQ1115 .R69 2000 V.4||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents include: Abortion-- Christianity: Status of Women-- Domestic Labor-- Eating Disorders-- Education, in: Middle East and North Africa, North America, etc.-- Erotica-- Images of Women, in: Africa, Caribbean, Southeast Asia, etc.-- Romantic Fiction-- Street Harassment-- Violence, in: Central and South America, East Asia, Welfare-- Witches-- Work: Equal Pay and Conditions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415920889 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- This ground breaking reference work is the first to provide truly comprehensive, in-depth global coverage of the theory and practice of Women's Studies. In over 900 alphabetically organized entries, contributed by some of the world's most important Women's Studies scholars, this set covers all of the major areas in the field: Arts and Literature, Communication, Economy and Development, Ecology, Education, Health and Sexuality, History and Philosophy of Feminism, Households and Families, Politics and the State, Science and Technology, Spirituality and Religion, Violence and Peace and Women's Studies. Entries explore conditions among women in countries around the world, and frequently provide special studies on a region-by-region basis. A small sampling of entries includes: Abortion; Christianity: Status of Women; Domestic Labor; Eating Disorders; Education, in: Middle East and North Africa, North America, etc.; Erotica; Images of Women, in: Africa, Caribbean, Southeast Asia, etc.; Romantic Fiction; Street Harassment; Violence, in: Central and South America, East Asia, etc.; Welfare; Witches; Work: Equal Pay and Conditions, and much more. This work is destined to become the resource of choice in the field of Women's Studies. Fully indexed and cross-referenced, with bibliographies at the end of each article.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415920889 20160527
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International encyclopedia of women
- 0415920884 (set)
- 0415920892 (v. 1)
- 0415920906 (v. 2)
- 0415920914 (v. 3)
- 0415920922 (v. 4)
- 9780415920889 (set)
- 9780415920896 (v. 1)
- 9780415920902 (v. 2)
- 9780415920919 (v. 3)
- 9780415920926 (v. 4)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: