Champions of Silicon Valley : visionary thinking from today's technology pioneers
- Charles G. Sigismund.
- New York : John Wiley, c2000.
- Physical description
- x, 294 p. ; 24 cm.
- Sigismund, Charles G.
- Execution Is Everything: John Doerr, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers-- Conceptualize and Execute Gigantic Change: Don Valentine, Sequoia Capital Management-- Recognizing New Patterns: Federico Faggin, Chairman of Synaptics-- Simulate, Sell, Surf: Joe Costello, Chairman and CEO of think3-- The Next Logical Step: Jim Clark, Chairman of Healtheon, former Chairman of Silicon Graphics and Netscape-- Guided Natural Selection: Tim Koogle, CEO of Yahoo!-- Imagine and Create a New Whole: Bud Colligan, former CEO and Chairman of Macromedia-- Let Science Lead: Art Levinson, CEO of Genentech-- Add Life for the Endurance Race: Ron Eastman, former CEO of Geron Corporation-- Learn How to Apply Technology: Gordon Moore, Founder and Chairman Emeritus of Intel-- Stick With It Honestly: Arthur Rock, Arthur Rock & Company-- Conclusion-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A close-up, personal look at the high-tech industry's most powerful venture capitalists, technologists, and entrepreneurs, this work digs beneath Silicon Valley's glitz and glamour to access the drive and vision that made it the epicentre of global business. Through a series of in-depth profiles of high-tech's top ten technologists, entrepreneurs, and financiers, industry insider Charles Sigismund brings to light the five visions that drive the high-tech industry, and explores the vital link between the venture capitalists and entrepreneurs jointly responsible for Silicon Valley's growth. Based on extensive interviews with financiers Art Rock and Don Valentine, entrepreneurs Tim Koogle and Jim Barksdale, technologists Gordon Moore and Ronald Eastman, and others, these fascinating profiles reveal how the high-tech powerbrokers view their role in the industry, both now and for the future.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 0471353469 (cl. : alk. paper)
- 9780471353461 (cl. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: