Whole Earth Catalog records, 1969-1986
- Uniform Title
- Whole earth catalog (New York, N.Y.)
- Physical description
- 26 linear feet
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1045 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 2||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 3||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 5||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 6||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 7||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 8||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 9||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 10||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 11||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 12||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 13||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 14||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 15||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 16||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 17||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 18||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 19||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 20||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 21||In Reading Room: Ask at service desk|
|M1045 BOX 22||In Reading Room: Ask at service desk|
|M1045 BOX 23||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 24||In Reading Room: Ask at service desk|
|M1045 BOX 25||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 26||In Reading Room: Ask at service desk|
|M1045 BOX 27||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 28||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 29||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 30||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 35||In-library use|
|M1045 BOX 36||In-library use|
|M1045 FLAT BOX 34||In-library use|
|M1045 FLAT BOX 37||In Reading Room: Ask at service desk|
|M1045 FLAT BOX 38||In-library use|
|M1045 FLAT BOX 39||In-library use|
|M1045 OS BOX 31||In-library use|
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- The collection contains the editorial files of Stewart Brand and Jay Kinney, reader correspondence, photographic materials, and memorabilia. Also contains correspondence, clippings, photographs, promotional material, and issues of the magazines.
- The Jay Kinney Editorial files span the years 1982 through 1984. During this time, Kinney was an editor and illustrator for the CoEvolution Quarterly. The correspondence is arranged topically by major subjects on which Kinney was working for various issues of the journal. The main topics include Islam, Politics and Religion, the Miskito Indians of Nicaragua.
- The Stewart Brand Editorial file, spanning the years 1974 through 1981 comprise the bulk of the collection and contain extensive correspondence, primarily from authors, illustrators, and scientists as well as some correspondence from readers. The correspondence is arranged chronologically and thereunder alphabetically by first initial of the correspondent's last name. On occasion, there are more than one alphabetical range of correspondence within the same general time span. This series also contains legal files from a lawsuit with the Walt Disney Company relating to the use of the Mickey Mouse character, as well as Brand's subject files, and a small amount of his personal papers.
- The Whole Earth Catalogs, 26 issues, 1969-1986, complete. Titles vary. The CoEvolution Quarterly, complete. The Whole Earth Review, complete. Also includes correspondence, photographs, manuscripts, and clippings.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 1999.
- Finding Aid
- Unpublished finding aid available in the department.
Browse related items
Start at call number: