Performing the word : African American poetry as vernacular culture
- Fahamisha Patricia Brown.
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c1999.
- Physical description
- ix, 174 p. ; 23 cm.
- Brown, Fahamisha Patricia, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 137-163) and index.
This work explores the poetic manifestations of African American cultural expression. The author examines elements of African American expressive culture and its language practices, both folk and popular.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0813526310 (alk. paper)
- 0813526329 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780813526317 (alk. paper)
- 9780813526324 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: