Rabbinic views of Qohelet
- Ruth N. Sandberg.
- Lewiston, NY : Edwin Mellen Press, 1999.
- Physical description
- 255 p. ; 24 cm.
- Mellen Biblical Press series ; v. 57.
- Sandberg, Ruth N.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Qohelet Rabbah and its modes in interpretation-- selections from Qohelet Rabbah and the commentary of Rabbi Samuel Ben Meir.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
A study of the variety of Rabbinic interpretations of the Biblical Book of Qohelet with special attention to the ways in which Rabbinic and medieval Jewish Biblical interpretation had to reinterpret the original text's meaning in order to accommodate it to "normative" Jewish beliefs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Included Work
- Samuel ben Meir, active 11th century-12th century Perush Rabi Shemuʼel ben Meʼir (Rashbam) le-Ḳohelet. Selections. English.
- Publication date
- Mellen Biblical Press series ; v. 57
- Includes selections from Qohelet rabbah and the commentary of Rabbi Samuel ben Meir on the book of Ecclesiastes.
- Related Work
- Midrash rabbah. Ecclesiastes. Selections. English.
Browse related items
Start at call number: