Teaching as a reflective practice : the German Didaktik tradition
- edited by Ian Westbury, Stefan Hopmann, Kurt Riquarts.
- Mahwah, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, 2000.
- Physical description
- xi, 346 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Studies in curriculum theory.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB14.7 .T393 1999||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction - Starting a Dialogue - a Beginning Conversation Between Didaktik and the Curriculum Traditions, S. Hopmann and K. Riquarts.
- Part 1 Didaktik as a Reflective Practice: Teaching as a Reflective Practice - What Might Didaktik Teach Curriculum?, I. Westbury-- Roots and Components of Didaktik, R. K'unzli.
- Part 2 Bildung - Didaktik's Central Idea: Theory of Bildung, W. von Humboldt-- On Humbodlt's Bildung, C. L'uth-- The Significance of the Classical Theories of Education for a Contemporary Concept of General Education, W. Klafki.
- Part 3 Sources for the Didaktik Tradition: Didaktik as a Theory of Education, E. Weinger-- The Art of Lesson Preparation, H. Roth-- Didaktik Analysis as the Core of Preparation of Instruction, W. Klafki-- How to Teach Understanding, M. Wagenschein-- Content - Still in Question?, P. Menck.
- Part 4 Didaktik as Praxis: Klafki's Model of Didaktik Analysis and Lesson Planning, S. Hopmann-- Levels of Classroom Preparation, G.G. Hiller-- Oral and Written Communication for Promotion Mathematical Understanding - Teaching Examples from Grade 3, C. Senn-Fennell-- Reflecting as a Didaktik Construction - Speaking About Mathematics in the Mathematics Classroom, M. Neubrand-- Aspects of Simplification in Mathematics Teaching, A. Kirsch-- The Law of Free-Fall as an "Exemplary Theme" for the Mathematicizability of Certain Natural Processes, M. Wagenschein-- Open Experimenting - a Framework for Structuring Science Teaching and Learning, P. Reinhold-- Klafki's Didaktik Analysis as Conceptual Framework for Research on Teaching, S. Gudmundsdottir et al.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This text explores the German "didaktic" tradition in terms of topic, significance, reputation of authors and relevance to contemporary English-language work on curriculum and teacher education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Studies in curriculum theory
- 0805829202 (alk. paper)
- 9780805829204 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: