Handbook of microemulsion science and technology
- edited by Promod Kumar, K.L. Mittal.
- New York : Marcel Dekker, c1999.
- Physical description
- xiv, 849 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE Microemulsions-A Historical Overview, B. Lindman and S.E. Friberg STRUCTURAL ASPECTS AND CHARACTERIZATION OF MICROEMULSIONS Thermodynamics of Microemulsions I, W.K. Kegel, J.T.G. Overbeek, and H.N.W. Lekkerkerker Thermodynamics of Microemulsions II, E. Ruckenstein Microscopic Models of Microemulsions, G. Gompper and M. Schick Lattice Monte Carlo Simulations of Micellar and Microemulsion Systems, R. Rajagopalan, L. A. Rodriguez-Guadarrama, and S.K. Talsania Effects of Alcohol Chain Length and Salt on Phase Behavior and Critical Phenomena in SDS Microemulsions , A. M. Bellocq Aggregation Behavior in One-Phase (Winsor IV) Microemulsion Systems, S. Ezrahi, A. Aserin, and N. Garti Ionic Microemulsions, J.-L. Salager and R.E. Anton Supercritical Microemulsions, G.J. McFann and K.P. Johnston Characterization of Microemulsions by NMR, B. Lindman, U. Olsson, and O. Soderman Rheological Properties of Microemulsions, M. Gradzielski and H. Hoffmann Light Scattering Studies of Microemulsion Systems, D. Langevin and J. Rouch Characterization of Microemulsions Using Fast Freeze-Fracture and Cryo-Electron Microscopy, J.R. Bellare, M.M. Haridas, and X.J. Li Characterization of Microemulsions by Electrical Birefringence, Z.A. Schelly REACTIONS IN MICROEMULSIONS Organic Reactivity in Microemulsions, C.A. Bunton and L.S. Romsted Application of Microemulsions in Enhancing Sensitivity of Reactions in Spectroscopic Analysis, R. Guo and X. Zhu Preparation of Ultrafine Particles of Metals and Metal Borides in Microemulsions, J.B. Nagy Microemulsion-Mediated Synthesis of Nanosize Oxide Materials, K. Osseo-Asare Time-Resolved Luminescence Quenching in Microemulsions, M. Almgren and H. Mays Structure and Reactions in Microemulsions Formed in Near-Critical and Supercritical Fluids, J.L. Fulton Electrochemical Studies in Microemulsions, S. Qutubuddin Polymerization in Microemulsions, F. Candau Enzymatic Reactions in Microemulsions, K. Holmberg APPLICATIONS OF MICROEMULSIONS Applications of Microemulsions in Enhanced Oil Recovery, V. Pillai, J.R. Kanicky, and D.O. Shah Microemulsions in Pharmaceuticals, M. Malmsten Microemulsions in Cosmetics, P.A. Aikens and S.E. Friberg Microemulsions in Foods, S. Engstrom and K. Larsson Application of Microemulsions as Liquid Membranes, J.M. Wiencek Application of Microemulsions in Textile Cleaning Using Model Detergency Tests, H.-D. Dorfler FUTURE PROSPECTS The Future of Microemulsions, J. Sjoblom and S.E. Friberg.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This text demonstrates methods for overcoming stability issues in paints, wax dispersions, cosmetics, food products, and other industrial applications. It probes theoretical and practical issues surrounding microemulsion science and technology. Featuring the work of 51 international experts and containing almost 1000 instructive tables, equations, and illustrations, this book reviews the performance of, and prospects for, experimental methods such as X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy (TEM), light scattering, small angle neutron scattering, viscosimetry, and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), to characterize various aspects of the dispersed phase of microemulsions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0824719794 (alk. paper)
- 9780824719791 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: