Analytical chemistry : an introduction
- 7th ed. / Douglas A. Skoog ... [et al.].
- Fort Worth [Tex.] : Saunders College Pub., c2000.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
QD101.2 .S55 2000
- Unknown QD101.2 .S55 2000
- Skoog, Douglas A.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- CONTENTS: What Is Analytical Chemistry? The Tools of Analytical Chemistry. Chemicals and Apparatus: Putting the Tools to Work. Important Chemical Concepts: Expressing Quantities and Concentrations. The Basic Approach to Chemical Equilibria. Errors in Chemical Analysis: Assessing the Quality of Results. Random Errors: How Certain Can We Be? Statistical Analysis: Evaluating the Data. Principles and Applications of Chemical Equilibria. Gravimetric Methods. Electrolyte Effects: Activity or Concentration? How Equilibrium Calculations Can Be Applied to Complex Systems. Titrations: Taking Advantage of Stoichiometric Reactions. Principles of Neutralisation Titrations: Determining Acids, Bases, and the pH of Buffer Systems. Titrating Polyfunctional Acids and Bases. Applying Neutralisation Titrations. Complex-Forming Titrations: Taking Advantage of EDTA and other Complexing Agents. Electrochemical Methods. Elements of Electrochemistry. Using Electrode Potentials. Applying Oxidation/Reduction Titrations. Potentiometry: Measuring Concentrations of Ions and Molecules. A Brief Look at Some Other Electroanalytical Methods. Spectrochemical Analysis. Spectroscopic Methods of Analysis: Making Measurements with Light. Instruments for Measuring Absorption: Is It a Photometer, a Spectrophotometer, or a Spectrometer? Applying Molecular and Atomic Spectroscopic Methods: Shedding More Light on the Subject. Separations. Introduction to Analytical Separations. Gas, Liquid and Supercritical Fluid Chromatography. Supercritical Fluid Chromatography, Capillary Electrophoresis, and Capillary Electrochromatography. Selected Methods of Analysis. Laboratory Experiments. Answers to Selected Questions. Glossary. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Designed for an introductory course on the theory and practice of quantitative analysis, this best selling title combines its friendly writing style with thorough well-crafted systematic experiments for the analytical lab. The new edition highlights some of the latest techniques such as supercritical fluid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis. The addition of spreadsheet exercises and problems throughout the text provide students with a more modern approach to analytical chemistry. Features: * Designed for the one semester introduction to the theory and practice of quantitative analysis, this best selling title combines its friendly writing style with thorough well-crafted systematic experiments for the analytical lab. The new edition highlights some of the latest techniques such as supercritical fluid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis. The addition of spreadsheet exercises and problems throughout the text provide students with a more modern approach to analytical chemistry. New to this edition: * Updated environmental, biological, and medical applications encourage student interest. * New Molecular models reinforce general chemistry material. * New Excel guide helps students with spreadsheet tool used for problem solving. * New Glossary * New Section Openers and expanded Chapter Openers provide students with friendly pedagogy as a guide through the material. * Important material expanded, e.g., chapters on chromatography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Saunders golden sunburst series in analytical chemistry
- Rev. ed. of: Analytical chemistry / Douglas A. Skoog, Donald M. West, F. James Holler.
- Related Work
- Skoog, Douglas A. Analytical chemistry.