Fish habitat : essential fish habitat and rehabilitation
- Lee R. Benaka, editor.
- Bethesda, Md. : American Fisheries Society, 1999.
- Physical description
- xviii, 459 p. : ill., maps ; 27 cm.
- American Fisheries Society symposium ; 22.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Contains papers from an August 1998 symposium, highlighting aspects of the essential fish habitat (EFH) provisions of the Sustainable Fisheries Act. Offers perspectives on EFH policy from federal, environmental, fishing industry, and fishery management council perspectives, then deals with EFH identification, fishing and nonfishing impacts, and Great Lakes fish habitat rehabilitation, and reports on recent research in marine fish habitat. Specific topics include habitat-based assessment of lobster abundance, and the role of oyster reefs. Lacks a subject index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Essential fish habitat and rehabilitation
- American Fisheries Society symposium, 0892-2284 ; 22
- "Proceedings of the Sea Grant Symposium on Fish Habitat: 'Essential Fish Habitat' and Rehabilitation, held at Hartford, Connecticut, USA, 26-27 August 1998."
- "Funding for the publication of this book was provided by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, National Sea Grant College Program"--Added t.p. verso.
Browse related items
Start at call number: