Lenya [sound recording].
- German. Songs, opera and musical theater excerpts in German, English, or French; poetry in German.
- Hamburgen, Germany : Bear Family Records, p1998.
- Physical description
- 11 sound discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|ACD 954||In-library use|
Library has: discs 1-
Library has: Supplement: "Booklet"
Library has: Supplement: "Special disc"
|MCD 5666 BOOKLET||Unknown|
|MCD 5666 CD 1-3||Unknown|
|MCD 5666 CD 4-6||Unknown|
|MCD 5666 CD 7-9||Unknown|
|MCD 5666 CD 10-11||Unknown|
|MCD 5666 SPECIAL DISC||Unknown|
- Die Dreigroschenoper (1931)
- Six songs by Kurt Weill
- I've got the tune
- Lotte Lenya sings Kurt Weill
- Die sieben Todsünden
- Aufstieg und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny
- September song and other American theater songs of Kurt Weill
- Threepenny opera (Blitzstein)
- Johnny Johnson
- Die Dreigroschenoper (1958)
- Happy End
- Invitation to German poetry
- The stories of Kafka
- Brecht on Brecht
- Songs for the US Office of War Information
- Hercules Saal, Munich,
- Carnegie Hall, New York City,
- Mutter-Courage, Recklinghausen,
- Dick Cavett Show,
- Broadway world of Kurt Weill.
- Included Work
- Weill, Kurt, 1900-1950. Vocal music. Selections.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Additional title on container: Ultimate Lotte Lenya collection
- Title on book spine: Lotte Lenya
- Includes all commercial recordings made by Lenya plus previously unissued tracks, interviews, television performances, etc.
- Compact discs; analog recordings.
- Book (252 p. : ill., some col. ; 31 cm.) with essays by Kim Kowalke, Jürgen Schebera, David Farneth and others, complete discography by Richard Weize and Rainer E. Lotz, list of tracks and timings, laid in box; also includes a reproduction of a 10 in. picture disc [33 1/3 or 45 rpm] sold at the Berlin premiere of Aufsteig und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny (selections also available on CD 1).
- Lotte Lenya, performing works of Kurt Weill, Bertolt Brecht and others, also reading German poetry and other literature ; various orchestras and supporting soloists.
- Recorded between 1929 and 1975, chiefly in Berlin, Hamburg and New York City.
- Publisher Number
- BCD 16019 KL Bear Family Records
Browse related items
Start at call number: