The lost films of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, the complete collection. Vol. 2 [videorecording].
- [S.l.] : Hal Roach Studios, c1999.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (118 min.) : sd., b&w. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Double whoopee (1929, 20 min.) / directed by Lewis L. Foster ; with Jean Harlow
- Early to Bed (1928, 20 min.) / directed by Emmett J. Flynn
- Angora love (1929, 20 min.) / directed by Lewis L. Foster ; with Charley Hall and Edgar Kennedy
- Sugar Daddies (1927, 19 min.) / directed by Fred Guiol ; with James Finlayson
- Roughest Africa (1923, 24 min.) / directed by Ralph Ceder ; with James Finlayson
- Oranges and Lemons (1923, 15 min.) / with Katherine Grant.
- Presents a variety of Laurel and Hardy comedy shorts. In Double Whoopee, Stan and Ollie are Hotel doormen. In Early to Bed, Ollie becomes rich and hires Stan as his butler. In Angora Love, a goat falls in love with Stan. Sugar Daddies finds Stan in drag to elude a marriage racket. Roughest Africa is a satire on jungle reality pictures. In Oranges and Lemons, Stan works in a citrus orchard and packing plant.
- Release date
- Production date
- Silent films with English intertitles and musical accompaniment.
- Title from disc label.
- Remastered from 35mm material, Double whoopee, Early to bed and Roughest Africa are from the original nitrate camera negatives.
- Originally released as motion pictures between 1923 and 1929.
- Production Credits
- Produced for Hal Roach Studios; Double Whoopee and Angora Love co-written by Leo McCarey.
- The first four films feature Laurel and Hardy, the last two feature Stan Laurel.
- Included Work
- Double whoopee
- Early to bed.
- Angora love.
- Sugar daddies.
- Roughest Africa.
- Oranges and lemons.
Browse related items
Start at call number: