The lost films of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy : the complete collection. Vol. 1 [videorecording]
- [S.l.] : Hal Roach Studios, c1998.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (124 min.) : sd., col., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Big business (1929, 21 min.) / directed by James Horne and Leo McCarey ; with James Finlayson
- Do detectives think (1927; 24 min.) / directed by Fred Guiol ; with James Finlayson, Noah Young
- Call of the cuckoo (1927; 18 min.) / directed by Clyde Bruckman ; with Max Davidson, Charley Chase, James Finlayson, Spec O'Donnell
- The finishing touch (1928, 21 min.) / directed by Clyde Bruckman and Leo McCarey ; with Edgar Kennedy
- On the front page (1926, 23 min) with Lillian Roth and Bull Montana
- Hustling for health (1918, 15 min.) with Bud Jamison, Frank Terry.
Presents a variety of Laurel and Hardy shorts.
- In Big Business, Stan and Ollie try to sell Christmas trees door do door. In Do Detectives Think, they are incompetant detectives hired to protect a judge from a murderer. In Call of the Cuckoo, a family decides to move into a new house, sight unseen, to get away from their odd neighbors. In The Finishing Touch, the boys build a house next to a hospital that demands silence. In On the Front Page, Stan is entrapped by a vamp. In Hustling for Health messy Stan takes his recreation with a health nut.
- Release date
- Production date
- Silent films with English intertitles and musical accompaniment.
- Title from disc label.
- Originally produced as motion pictures between 1918 and 1929.
- Production Credits
- Produced by Hal Roach Studios
- First four films feature Laurel and Hardy; last two feature Stan Laurel.
- Included Work
- Big business.
- Do detectives think?
- Call of the cuckoo.
- Finishing touch.
- On the front page.
- Hustling for health.
Browse related items
Start at call number: