Encyclopedia of spectroscopy and spectrometry
- San Diego, CA : Academic Press, c2000.
- Physical description
- 3 v. (lv, 2581 p., lxxxix,  p. of plates) : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-H
- v. 2. I-N
- v. 3. O-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Encyclopedia of Spectroscopy and Spectrometry" provides authoritative and comprehensive coverage of the whole topic of spectroscopy, from theory to applications. Short articles, each covering one aspect of spectroscopy, provide the professional spectroscopist working in academia or industry with the essential facts and background on areas of spectroscopy peripheral to their own. A list of further reading at the end of each article directs the reader to the level of detail required for professional purposes. Articles are arranged alphabetically, each having been named to facilitate logical access by the reader. Each article is flagged as to which area of spectroscopy it covers ('Mass Spectroscopy', 'Magnetic Resonance', etc.) and whether it covers theory, methods and instrumentation, or applications. Users can refer to an alphabetical article listing, or to a listing arranged according to subject area to locate articles. Further reading lists at the end of each article allow easy access to the primary literature. Extensive cross-referencing, a complete subject index, numerous figures, and color plates are included in each volume. The key features: contains nearly 300 articles covering the whole area of spectroscopy and related areas; provides the essential facts and background for each topic; includes reading lists in each article to help the reader access more detailed information; allows easy access to required information through alphabetical listings, extensive cross-referencing to related articles, and a detailed subject index in each volume; includes numerous figures and tables that illustrate the text; and, contains color plate sections in each volume.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor-in-chief, John C. Lindon ; editors, George E. Tranter, John L. Holmes.
- "Access for a limited period to an on-line version ... is included in the purchase price of the print edition"--T.p. verso.
- Also available on the Internet to registered users.
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users.
- 0122266803 (set)
- 0122266811 (v.1)
- 012226682X (v.2)
- 0122266838 (v.3)
- 9780122266812 (acid-free paper)
- 9780122266805 (set)
- 9780122266829 (v.2)
- 9780122266836 (v.3)