Data mining, data warehousing & client/server databases : proceedings of the 8th International Database Workshop, Hong Kong, 29-31 July 1997
- editor, Joseph Fong.
- Singapore ; New York : Springer, c1997.
- Physical description
- xi, 332 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- International Database Workshop (8th : 1997 : Hong Kong, China)
- Fong, Joseph.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1 Keynote paper: building virtual warehouses using workflows and the Web, K. Ramamritham and M. Kamath.
- Part 2 Some accepted papers: differentiation for schema discovery, T. Miura and I. Shioya-- a hybrid knowledge-based approach to discover dynamic semantics from relational schema to object-oriented schema, I. Kwan-- avoiding re-computation - view adaptation in data warehouses, M. Mohania-- client-based transactions across database boundaries, W.H. Yu and H.O. Rafaelsen-- three tier client/server database design - a practical approach to incorporate GUI in not existing DBMS, J. Fong and R. Hui.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
An analysis of data mining, data warehousing and client/server databases. Some of the topics covered are: building virtual warehouses using workflows and the Web; differentiation for schema discovery; and client-based transactions across database boundaries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: