Inorganic crystal structure database [electronic resource] : ICSD
- Karlsruhe : Fachinformationszentrum ; Gaithersburg : NIST,
- Physical description
- CD-ROM ; 4 3/4 in. + manual
- The ICSD contains information on all inorganic crystal structure including pure elements, minerals, metals, and intermetallic compounds including their atomic coordinates that have been published since 1913. Original data is extracted from over 80 leading scientific journals and a total of over 900 scientific journals to create the ICSD. Updated twice a year, each time adding about 3,000 new records. As of June 2006, the database contains 89,064 entries. Contains approximately 600 crystal structures of the elements, 15,000 records and 33,000 records for binary and ternary compounds, respectively. The database also contains approx. 35,000 records for quarternary and quinternary compounds. As the size of the ICSD has grown over time, the quality of the data has increased too.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- File Characteristics
- Computer data and programs.
- Descriptions based on: Release 2001/1; title from disc label.
- Release <97/2> accompanied by two user manuals published by Gmelin-Institut für Anorganishe Chemie and Fachinformationszentrum FIZ Karlsruhe: ICSD, Inorganic crystal structure database, Feb. 1995 and Crystal visualizer: 3d graphic software for inorganic crystal stsructure database.
- Also available on the Internet to registered users.
- System requirements: DOS; Mouse driver; CD-ROM drive.
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users.