Chemical and engineering thermodynamics
- Stanley I. Sandler.
- 3rd ed.
- New York : Wiley, c1999.
- Physical description
- xx, 772 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Sandler, Stanley I., 1940-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. 1. Conservation of Mass and Energy. 2. Entropy: An Additional Balance Equation. 3. The Thermodynamic Properties of Real Substances. 4. Equilibrium and Stability in One-Component Systems. 5. The Thermodynamics of Multicomponent Mixtures. 6. The Estimation of the Gibbs Free Energy and Fugacity of a Component in a Mixture. 7. Phase Equilibrium in Mixtures. 8. Chemical Equilibrium and the Balance Equations for Chemically Reacting Systems. Appendices. I. Conversion Factors for SI Units. II. The Molar Heat Capacities of Gases in the Ideal Gas. III. The Thermodynamic Properties of Water and Steam. IV. Heat and Free Energies of Formation. V. Heats of Combustion. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471182108 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- A More Accessible Approach to Thermodynamics In this third edition, you'll find a modern approach to applied thermodynamics. The material is presented in sufficient detail to provide a solid understanding of the principles of thermodynamics and its classical applications. Also included are the applications of chemical engineering thermodynamics to issues such as the distribution of chemicals in the environment, safety, polymers, and solid-state-processing. To make thermodynamics more accessible, several helpful features are included. Important concepts are emphasized in marginal notes throughout each chapter. Illustrations have also been added to demonstrate the use of these concepts and to provide a better understanding of the material. Boxes are used to highlight equations so that students can easily identify the end results of analyses. You can also visit the text's web site to download additional problem sets, computer programs to solve thermodynamic and phase behavior problems, and Mathcad worksheets used for problem solving.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471182108 20160527
- Publication date
- 0471182109 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780471182108 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: