Chemical reaction engineering
- Octave Levenspiel.
- 3rd ed.
- New York : Wiley, c1999.
- Physical description
- xvi, 668 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP157 .L4 1999||Unknown|
- Levenspiel, Octave.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Partial table of contents: Overview of Chemical Reaction Engineering. HOMOGENEOUS REACTIONS IN IDEAL REACTORS. Introduction to Reactor Design. Design for Single Reactions. Design for Parallel Reactions. Potpourri of Multiple Reactions. NON IDEAL FLOW. Compartment Models. The Dispersion Model. The Tank-in-Series Model. REACTIONS CATALYZED BY SOLIDS. Solid Catalyzed Reactions. The Packed Bed Catalytic Reactor. Deactivating Catalysts. HETEROGENEOUS REACTIONS. Fluid-Fluid Reactions: Kinetics. Fluid-Particle Reactions: Design. BIOCHEMICAL REACTIONS. Enzyme Fermentation. Substrate Limiting Microbial Fermentation. Product Limiting Microbial Fermentation. Appendix. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471254249 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Chemical reaction engineering is concerned with the exploitation of chemical reactions on a commercial scale. It's goal is the successful design and operation of chemical reactors. This text emphasizes qualitative arguments, simple design methods, graphical procedures, and frequent comparison of capabilities of the major reactor types. Simple ideas are treated first, and are then extended to the more complex.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471254249 20160528
- Chemical reactors.
- Publication date
- 047125424X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780471254249 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: