Career renewal : tools for scientists and technical professionals
- Stephen Rosen and Celia Paul.
- San Diego : Academic Press, c1998.
- Physical description
- xiv, 352 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Career Transformations. Career Well Being: Your Career Well Being. Internal Hindrances to Career Transitions. Trained Incapacity Among Professionals. Even the Best of Times. Beyond Credentialism. Greener Pastures? On Behalf of Integrity, Ambition, and Self-Marketing. Career Renewal: What to Ask Yourself When Developing a Career. Career Decision-Making Patterns. Values: Personal Priorities. Skills. A Preliminary Career Check-List: Taking Your Temperature. Non-Traditional Careers Using Science/Technology Skills. Your Interests: Future Skills Development. Career Options Exploration Research and Trend-Tracking. Quintessential Informational Interviews. Biographies are Better than Resumes for Contacts. Exponential Interviews, Mentors, Recruiters, and Career Counselors. Job Search Research: Get Real Before You Go Virtual. Letters: Cover, Contact, Thank You, Unorthodox. The Lengthy Process of Resume R&D. Preparation for Job Interviews, Negotiations, and Decisions. Career Transition Update: Where Are You Now? Good Career Planning Habits and Hygiene. Appendices: Career Search Selection Criteria. Total Compensation Summary Checklist. Reference/Research Material. Selected Books to Help You Explore Your Career Options. Use and Misuse of the Internet for Career Transitions. An Actual Online Search by a Real Scientist Undergoing a Real Career Transition. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Career Renewal is a practical career guide which shows you how to get the job you want. Designed specifically for scientists, engineers, and other medical and legal professionals, this book contains the information you need to rejuvenate your career. It will help you find a satisfying career in today's market. It includes numerous assessment surveys, identifies career resources for professional networking, outlines how to write a winning resume, and features numerous personal case histories of those who have successfully made the transition from academia to the business world. The authors' step-by-step techniques have been field-tested on thousands and will help you to discover new career perspective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0125970609 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780125970600 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: