Advanced inorganic chemistry
- 6th ed. / F. Albert Cotton, Geoffrey Wilkinson, Carlos A. Murillo, Manfred Bochmann.
- New York : Wiley, c1999.
- Physical description
- xv, 1,355 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD151.2 .C68 1999||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- SURVEY OF PRINCIPLES. Some Cross--Cutting Topics. THE CHEMISTRY OF THE MAIN GROUP ELEMENTS. Hydrogen. The Group 1 Elements: Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs, Fr. The Group 2 Elements: Be, Mg, Ca, Sr, Ba, Ra. Boron. The Group 13 Elements: Al, Ga, In, Tl. Carbon. The Group 14 Elements: Si, Ge, Sn, Pb. Nitrogen. The Group 15 Elements: P, As, Sb, Bi. Oxygen. The Group 16 Elements: S, Se, Te, Po. The Group 17 Elements: F, CI, Br, I, At. The Group 18 Elements: He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe, Rn. The Group 12 Elements: Zn, Cd, Hg. THE CHEMISRTY OF THE TRANSITION ELEMENTS. Survey of the Transition Elements. The Elements of the First Transition Series. The Elements of the Second and Third Transition Series. The Group 3 Elements and the Lanthanides. The Actinide Elements. THE ROLE OF ORGANOMETALLIC CHEMISTRY IN CATALYSIS. Fundamental Reactions Steps of Transition Metal Catalyzed Reaction. Homogeneous Catalysis by Transition Metal Complexes. Appendices. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471199571 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- For more than a quarter century, Cotton and Wilkinson's Advanced Inorganic Chemistry has been the source that students and professional chemists have turned to for the background needed to understand current research literature in inorganic chemistry and aspects of organometallic chemistry. Like its predecessors, this updated Sixth Edition is organized around the periodic table of elements and provides a systematic treatment of the chemistry of all chemical elements and their compounds. It incorporates important recent developments with an emphasis on advances in the interpretation of structure, bonding, and reactivity. From the reviews of the Fifth Edition: "The first place to go when seeking general information about the chemistry of a particular element, especially when up-to-date, authoritative information is desired." -Journal of the American Chemical Society. "Every student with a serious interest in inorganic chemistry should have [this book]." -Journal of Chemical Education. "A mine of information ...an invaluable guide." -Nature. "The standard by which all other inorganic chemistry books are judged."-Nouveau Journal de Chimie. "A masterly overview of the chemistry of the elements."-The Times of London Higher Education Supplement. "A bonanza of information on important results and developments which could otherwise easily be overlooked in the general deluge of publications." -Angewandte Chemie.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471199571 20160528
- Chemistry, Inorganic.
- Publication date
- Rev. ed. of: Advanced inorganic chemistry / F. Albert Cotton and Geoffrey Wilkinson. 5th ed. c1988.
- "A Wiley-Interscience publication."
- Related Work
- Cotton, F. Albert (Frank Albert), 1930-2007. Advanced inorganic chemistry.
- 0471199575 (alk. paper)
- 9780471199571 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: