Ray Lyman Wilbur photographs, circa 1880-1949
- Physical description
- .5 linear feet
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|PC0015 BOX 1||In-library use|
- Wilbur, Ray L. (Ray Lyman), 1875-1949.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- Photographs of Ray Lyman Wilbur as a child, from his student days at Stanford University and Cooper Medical College, as President of Stanford, and as Secretary of the Interior. Student photos include images of his room in Encina Hall, Hopkins Marine lab, and a medical school anatomy lab. Other persons pictured include David Starr Jordan, Lucie Stern, Herbert Hoover, and Calvin Coolidge. There are also photos of his wife Marguerite Blake Wilbur and Wilbur family photographs, including family homes in North Dakota and Riverside, Calif., and students at Riverside High School, 1891.
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933.
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964.
- Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931.
- Stern, Lucie.
- Wilbur, Marguerite Blake, 1875-1946.
- Wilbur family.
- Cooper Medical College.
- Stanford University > Presidents.
- Stanford University > Students.
- Medical students > California.
- Riverside (Calif.) > Photographs.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Ray Lyman Wilbur graduated from Stanford University (B.S. 1896, M.S. 1897) and from Cooper Medical College (M.D. 1899). He served as lecturer and professor of physiology and of medicine (1897-1903), Dean of the Cooper Medical College (Stanford) (1911-1916), third President of Stanford University (1916-1943), Chancellor of Stanford, and Secretary of the Interior (September 1929-1933) under President Hoover.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Unpublished guide available.
- Gift of Ray Lyman Wilbur, Jr.
Browse related items
Start at call number: