Leland Stanford collection, 1869-1975
- Physical description
- 4.5 linear ft.
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|SC0512 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0512 BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC0512 BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0512 BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC0512 BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC0512 BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC0512 FLAT BOX 8||In-library use|
|SC0512 FLAT BOX 9||In-library use|
|SC0512 FLAT BOX 12||In-library use|
|SC0512 FLAT BOX 13||In-library use|
|SC0512 HALF BOX 3A||In-library use|
|SC0512 HALF BOX 7||In-library use|
|SC0512 HALF BOX 10||In-library use|
Items from this collection are featured in:
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- Primary and secondary sources pertaining to the life of Leland Stanford and the history of Stanford University's founding. Includes clippings, correspondence, articles, pamphlets, speeches, scripts, reports, memorabilia, and copies or facsimiles of historical documents. In addition to the business and political career of Leland Stanford, subjects include his ideas on education, the naming of Palo Alto, Stanford family genealogy, railroad history (especially the completion of the transcontinental railroad), Thomas Hill and his painting "Driving the Last Spike," Eadweard Muybridge and the invention of motion pictures, Stanford's residences in Sacramento and San Francisco, Vina Ranch, and Warm Springs Ranch.
- Browne, Louise M.
- Clark, George A.
- Curtis, Edward.
- Farnham, Wallace D.
- Fisher, Helen Dwight.
- Hemsing, Peter.
- Hill, Thomas A.
- Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931.
- Kimball, Sarah Louise, 1865-
- Lampson, Robin, 1900-1978
- Muybridge, Eadweard, 1830-1904.
- Myrick, David F.
- Scibird, Ruth.
- Stanford, Arthur W.
- Stanford, Grant Lansing.
- Stanford, Leland, 1824-1898.
- Stebbins, Horatio, 1821-1902.
- Wooster, C. M.
- Central Pacific Railroad Company.
- Stanford University > History.
- Stanford-Lathrop House (Sacramento, Calif.)
- Palo Alto (Calif.)
- Warm Springs Ranch (Calif.)
- Vina Ranch (Calif.)
- Stanford, Leland > Residences > Sacramento.
- Stanford, Leland > Residences > San Francisco.
- Local subject
- Gold Spike.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
Browse related items
Start at call number: