Stanford University, Asian American Activities Center, records, circa 1970-2018
- Physical description
- 42.75 linear feet
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 3||In-library use|
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 4||In-library use|
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 5||In-library use|
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 6||In-library use|
|SC0487 1995-040 CARTON 7||In-library use|
|SC0487 1997-073 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0487 1997-073 BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC0487 1997-073 BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0487 1997-073 BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC0487 1997-073 BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC0487 1997-073 BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 BOX 10||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 3||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 4||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 5||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 6||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 7||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 8||In-library use|
|SC0487 2003-212 CARTON 9||In-library use|
|SC0487 2010-038 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0487 2010-038 BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC0487 2010-038 HALF BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 FLAT BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 FLAT BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 FLAT BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 HALF BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0487 2016-032 TUBE 7||In-library use|
|SC0487 2017-161 CARD BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0487 2018-013 HALF BOX 1||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Stanford University. Asian American Activities Center.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- Organization & arrangement
- Materials are arranged by accession number (YYYY-XXX) and box number.
- Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, proposals, course materials, financial records, clippings, subject files, publications and other records pertaining to administrative matters of the Center, student groups sponsored by the Center, including the Asian American Students' Association, and courses in Asian American studies. Subject files pertain to Asian American mental health and the media. There are also newsletters, memoranda, and email of the Asian Staff Forum, 1986-1996. Included in the 2010 accession is an audio disc from the panel discussion “Asian American Student Association: 40 Years of Building Community,” Oct. 24, 2009; speakers on the 2009 panel were Nelson Ngai, Richard Suh, Bianca Ling, and Linda Tran.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Special Collections and University Archives materials are stored offsite and must be paged 48 hours in advance. For more information on paging collections, see the department's website: http://library.stanford.edu/spc.
- Materials are open for research use. Audio-visual materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted to a digital use copy.
- Cite as
- Stanford University, Asian American Activities Center, Records (SC0487), Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Archives, Stanford, Calif.
- All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
- The Asian American Activities Center provides organizational advising, community service opportunities, and cultural and educational programs to the Stanford community. It began as a student-run organization in the early 1970s and was given institutional status by the Dean of Student Affairs in 1987.
- The materials were gathered and organized by the Asian American Activities Center and transferred to the Archives in 1995, 1997, 2003, 2010, and 2015-2018.
Browse related items
Start at call number: