Isaac James Quillen papers, 1931-1967
- Physical description
- 25.5 linear feet
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SC0488 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 7||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 8||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 9||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 10||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 11||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 12||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 13||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 14||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 15||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 16||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 17||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 18||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 19||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 20||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 21||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 22||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 23||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 24||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 25||In-library use|
|SC0488 BOX 26||In-library use|
|SC0488 FLAT BOX 45||In-library use|
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- The papers document Quillen's graduate work at Yale, his teaching career at Stanford University, his writings and publications, and his research interests. Included are his papers while at Yale; syllabi, exams, and other course materials; drafts of his books; correspondence files with his publisher Scott, Foresman; files from his work with UNESCO; speeches, lectures, and articles; and research and lecture notecards. The papers also contain personal correspondence, including some of his wife Viola Quillen; financial records, including some for the Gazos Creek Tree Farm, a joint project with Prof. Paul Hanna; and photographs, including several of the Quillens' home designed by Ernest Born.
- Hanna, Paul Robert, 1902-
- Quillen, Viola.
- Gazos Creek Tree Farm.
- Stanford University. School of Education > Faculty.
- Yale University > Students.
- Education, Secondary > Curricula.
- Education, Secondary > Study and teaching.
- Social sciences > Study and teaching (Secondary)
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- I. James Quillen joined the Stanford faculty of the School of Education in 1936. He was appointed full professor of education in 1946 and served as Dean of the School of Education from 1953 to 1966, when he was appointed Professor Emeritus. Before joining the Stanford faculty, he taught in the public schools of Delaware and at Colorado State College of Education. In 1944, he was president of the National Council for the Social Studies. He was an official of the UNESCO secretariat in Paris in 1948-49, serving as acting head of the UNESCO Department of Education during part of that time. He died in 1967.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Unpublished guide available.
- Gift of the estate of Mrs. I. James Quillen, 1995.
Browse related items
Start at call number: