Stanley K. Sheinbaum oral history interview, 1984
- Physical description
- .25 linear feet
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|SC0432 HALF BOX 1||In-library use|
- Sheinbaum, Stanley K.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Collection consists of four audio cassettes and transcribed notes from an oral history interview conducted by George M. Goodwin. Subjects include his childhood and family life in New York; student and intellectual life at Stanford including his experiences with antisemitism; his interest in Vietnam and ultimate anti-war position; Robert Maynard Hutchins and the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions; his involvement in Democratic politics, including Eugene McCarthy's presidential campaign in 1968; his involvement with the Daniel Ellsberg case; Jewish politics and organizations; and his work as a University of California Regent.
- Ellsberg, Daniel.
- Goodwin, George M.
- Hutchins, Robert Maynard, 1899-1977.
- McCarthy, Eugene J., 1916-2005.
- Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions.
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Stanford University > Students.
- University of California (System). Regents.
- Political activists.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 > Protest movements.
- Oral histories
- Publication date
- Sheinbaum, born in New York City in 1920, attended Stanford University on the G.I. bill after his service in World War II. He earned his a.b. in history in 1949 and stayed on to pursue graduate work in economics. He held a Fulbright fellowship in France, 1953-55, and then joined the faculty at Michigan State University. He was a fellow at the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions in Santa Barbara from 1960 to 1970 and a Democratic candidate for Congress in 1966 and 1968. He later served as a Regent for the University of California system.
- Gift of George M. Goodwin, 1992.
Browse related items
Start at call number: