Ram's Head records, 1924-2011
- Physical description
- 8.5 linear feet
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SC0059 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 7||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 8||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 9||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 10||In-library use|
|SC0059 BOX 16||In-library use|
|SC0059 HALF BOX 13||In-library use|
|SC0059 OS BOX 11||In-library use|
|SC0059 OS BOX 12||In-library use|
|SC0059 OS BOX 14||In-library use|
|SC0059 OS BOX 15||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Ram's Head. (Stanford, Calif.)
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Records of the student drama group Ram's Head include financial reports (1924-1957), Dramatic Council minutes (1925-1948), board minutes, (1935-1957), general correspondence (1934-1952), production books (1937-1959), and several LP records and audio tapes for such Ram's Head productions as the Big Game Gaieties, Winter-One-Acts, and Spring Shows. Also included are files from the Ram's Head website captured by University Archives staff. Accession ARCH-2012-016 includes programs and posters from productions between 1998 and 2011.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Ram's Head was organized in 1911 by Payson Jackson Treat, history professor, two other faculty members and seven students. It started as an elite, all-male honorary drama group. Later, a female counterpart known as Ewe's Head was formed. In the 1930s, the two groups merged. Ram's Head folded in 1971 due to financial problems. It was reorganized in 1975 by Jon Mills and George McMillan with financial support from various university departments and offices. Ram's Head produces three shows a year: Big Game Gaities, Winter-One-Acts and the Spring Musical.
- Materials in the collection were given to the Stanford University Archives by Ram's Head in 1969, 2011, and 2012.
Browse related items
Start at call number: