Friends of Music at Stanford records, 1940-1959, 1940-1949
- Corporate Author
- Friends of Music at Stanford.
- Physical description
- .25 linear feet
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Minutes of annual meetings, board of directors, and executive committee meetings; financial records; and miscellaneous informational papers including a history of the Friends of Music by Susan L. Dyer.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- The Friends were officially organized in 1940 to promote musical education at Stanford University by sponsoring concerts, lectures, and scholarships. Lou Henry Hoover and Mrs. Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge played leading roles in its development.
- Gift of Susan L. Dyer, 1959.