Views of Thurlow Lodge by Carleton Watkins: photograph album, circa 1874
- Physical description
- 1 volume (62 photographs)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS PHOTO 411||In-library use|
- Watkins, Carleton E., 1829-1916.
- The album contains original albumen prints of the mansion and grounds of Milton S. Latham in Menlo Park, California. This album, with images approximately 14 x 17 inches, was originally presented to David Farquharson, architect of Thurlow Lodge.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 1984.
- Watkins was a pioneer California photographer, most well known for his large-format photographs.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Unpublished list of prints available.