Janina Wojcicki Hoskins papers, 1949-1994
- Physical description
- 11 linear feet
At the library
Researchers can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Request materials at least 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
- Hoskins, Janina Wojcicki.
- Personal and professional correspondence, reference files and written drafts of various articles and books dealing particularly with Thaddeus Kosciuszko, I. J. Paderewski, the memoirs of Krystyna Narbutt, music collections in Poland, Polish printing and rare books, Polish manuscripts in the Library of Congress, the visual arts in Poland, and personal memoirs including information about Stanislaw Mikolajczyk.
- Henry III, King of Poland.
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826.
- Kościuszko, Tadeusz, 1746-1817.
- Kowalski, William.
- Lewański, Richard C. (Richard Casimir), 1918-1996
- Lelewel, Joachin.
- Mikołajczyk, Stanisław.
- Narbutt, Krystyna.
- Paderewski, Ignace Jan, 1860-1941.
- Sudnik, George.
- Wetter, Maija.
- Slavic literature.
- Poland > History > 1945-1980.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of Prof. and Mrs. Stanley Wojcicki, 1995.
- Polish emigre who escaped the Communist regime in 1949, first to Sweden, later moving to the United States where she became the Slavic bibliographer at the Library of Congress.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Box listing available.