United Nations 4th World Conference on Women, Beijing, papers 1992-2001
- Physical description
- 10 linear feet
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M0876 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 2||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 3||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 5||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 6||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 7||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 8||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 10||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 11||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 12||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 13||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 14||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 15||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 16||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 17||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 20||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 21||In-library use|
|M0876 BOX 22||In-library use|
|M0876 FLAT BOX 18||In-library use|
|M0876 FLAT BOX 19||In-library use|
|M0876 HALF BOX 9||In-library use|
- World Conference on Women.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- These papers pertain to the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women, Beijing, China, which took place September 4-15, 1995; the NGO Forum on Women took place just northeast of Beijing, August 30-September 8, 1995. The materials are mostly ephemeral in nature and follow the themes of the conference. There are journals, pamphlets, press kits, conference papers and notes and was created by seven different women who attended the conference and then donated their materials to Stanford Special Collections. The United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women, Beijing, China, took place September 4-15, 1995; the NGO Forum on Women took place just northeast of Beijing, August 30-September 8, 1995. In some instances, duplicate brochures will be found in each accession.
- Beijing95 Information Exchange.
- NGO Forum on Women, Beijing '95.
- World Conference on Women.
- Banducci, Bonita.
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham.
- Friedlander, Eva.
- Kramer, Judy.
- Maran, Rita.
- Phillips, Penny V.
- Shalala, Donna E.
- Waters, Ruth von Jahnke, collector.
- Yee, Lotus, collector.
- Young, Helen P., collector.
- California Women's Agenda (CAWA)
- International Network of Women of Color.
- International Women's Tribune Centre.
- Once and Future Action Network.
- United Nations Development Fund for Women
- Tibet Autonomous Region (China) > Women.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- From Helen P. Young: Books, journals, pamphlets, conference papers and notes from NGO Forum, e-mail and internet materials, follow-up reports on Women's Conference, Islamic materials for Women's conference, NGO promotional materials, newspapers clippings (US), newspapers from conference, photographs, pre-conference materials, etc., 1995-1997. Accessions 1996-162, 3 manuscript boxes, and 1997-209, 2 folders.
- From Ruth von Jahnke Waters: Books (including Eva Friedlander's LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH WOMEN'S EYES; plenary speeches from the NGO Forum on Women, Beijing '95), pamphlets, journals, programs, newspapers, speeches by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Donna E. Shala, color photocopies (8x10) of photographs, and related ephemera. Accession 1996-212; 1 print box.
- From Lotus Yee: Action and resource network files, lists of women's organizations on-line, conference schedules, lists of government commitments, printouts from the Beijing95 information exchange, representative brochures and publications of numerous women's groups, bibliographies and publication lists, 1992-1996. Also included are printed materials from numerous organizations such as the International Women's Tribune Centre, the International Women's Health Coalition, the International Network of Women of Color, the California Women's Agenda (CAWA), the Once & Future Action Network, UNIFEM, etc. Accessions: 1996-239, 3 manuscript boxes; 1997-063, 1 manuscript box and 1 print box; 1997-275, 2 manuscript boxes; 1998-115, 2 manuscript boxes, 1 print box - listing)
- From Bonita Banducci: personal letters, official newspaper, and Banducci's panel presentation, "Competitive strategies of women in business for sustainable global development." Accession 1997-062, 2 manuscript boxes)
- From Penny V. Phillips: newspaper and magazine articles, pamphlets, brochures, and calendar. Accession 1997-064, 1 manuscript box)
- From Judy Kramer: files, flyers, journals, newsletters, publications, cassette tapes, 1985-1995. Accession 2001-196, 1 record container.
- From Rita Maran: files, 1995-2001, including International Women's Tribune Center, California Women's Agenda, post-Beijing files, education, China--Women, UNIFEM & other post-FWCW, Tibet, and Forum--NGO. Accession 2003-302, 1 record container.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of Ruth von Jahnke Waters, 1996; Helen P. Young, 1996 and 1997; Lotus Yee, 1996 and 1997, Bonita Banducci, 1997, Penny V. Phillips, 1997, Judy Kramer, 2001, and Rita Maran, 2003.
- The UN Fourth World Conference on Women, Beijing, China, took place September 4-15, 1995; the NGO Forum on Women took place just northeast of Beijing, August 30-September 8, 1995.
- Included Work
- Competive strategies of women in business for sustainable global development.
- Look at the world through women's eyes.
- CAWA; California Women's Agenda, report of the action program to bring the Beijing platform to the grassroots of California.
Browse related items
Start at call number: