Gella Schweid Fishman papers, 1932-2004
- English. In Yiddish and English.
- Physical description
- 20 linear feet
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 2||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 3||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 5||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 6||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 7||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 8||In-library use|
|M0809 ACCN 2011-165 BOX 9||In Reading Room: Ask at service desk|
|M0809 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 2||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 3||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 6||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 8||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 9||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 10||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 12||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 13||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 14||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 15||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 16||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 17||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 18||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 20||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 21||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 23||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 24||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 25||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 26||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 27||In-library use|
|M0809 BOX 28||In-library use|
|M0809 HALF BOX 5||In-library use|
|M0809 HALF BOX 7||In-library use|
|M0809 HALF BOX 11||In-library use|
|M0809 HALF BOX 19||In-library use|
|M0809 HALF BOX 22||In-library use|
- Fishman, Gella Schweid.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- The first part of the collection consists of teaching materials for Yiddish language and culture, including material pertaining to the Jewish holidays in the order they occur during the year. There are also materials on the Holocaust (for Holocaust Remembrance Day) and Israel (for Israel Independence Day). This is followed by material organized by type and level of class, individual Yiddish writers, and finally on women and Judaism. The material includes pamphlets, articles, and clippings from both children's and adult publications. There are materials for use in the classroom such as children's stories, handouts, homework exercises, and songbooks. Also included are materials for teachers such as lesson plans and teacher's guides.
- Two boxes were added in 2005 containing Mrs. Fishman's teaching materials from the Northeast Center for Curriculum Development, particularly Russian-Jewish language materials and research material for THE WORLD AROUND ME project. Page this material separately under accession 2005-167.
- Nine boxes were added in 2011; these include material on a translation project, talks and lectures, courses taken, and correspondence, 1932-2004.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Deposited by Dr. and Mrs. Joshua A. Fishman, 1993, 1995, and 2011.
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid available online and in Special Collections Reading Room.
- Included Work
- The World around me.
- Joshua A. Fishman and Gella Schweid Fishman family archive, ca. 1890-1993.
Browse related items
Start at call number: