Cuneiform tablet, 2056 B.C.
- Physical description
- 1 item.
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|MSS CODEX M0539 BB||In-library use|
- Administrative receipt for grain, dated to the Ur III Dynasty, the reign of King Shulgi, year 39 (2056 B.C.). Sumeria.
- Tablet complete except for 1 cm chip in obverse.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Translation available in collection file.
- Gift of David C. Weber, 1990. Tablet given to Mr. Weber in 1956 by A.B. Mercer of Massachusetts (#54 in his collection).
- Published reference in "Journal of the Society of Oriental Research," vol. 14, pp 45-46.