Cuneiform tablet, 2056 B.C.
- Physical description
- 1 item.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS CODEX M0539 BB||In-library use|
- Administrative receipt for grain, dated to the Ur III Dynasty, the reign of King Shulgi, year 39 (2056 B.C.). Sumeria.
- Tablet complete except for 1 cm chip in obverse.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Translation available in collection file.
- Gift of David C. Weber, 1990. Tablet given to Mr. Weber in 1956 by A.B. Mercer of Massachusetts (#54 in his collection).
- Published reference in "Journal of the Society of Oriental Research," vol. 14, pp 45-46.