Richard Sterling Finnie papers relating to the history of Bechtel Corporation, 1945-1967
- Physical description
- 7 linear feet
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Researchers can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Request materials at least 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
- Finnie, Richard Sterling.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- 22 Photographs, 31 audio tapes and 28 films relating to many of Bechtel Corporation's major construction projects. Accession 2000-347 (not on original listing) contains 7 records (78 rpm): "Santo Tomas' interviews" (2 disks), "Saudi-Arabic" (2 disks), and "Engineer roundtable" (3 disks, one broken), all 1945. Also included are 2 films: "Petrole de Zarzaitine," 1961, and "Exploring Libya," 1960.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Related material, the Richard Sterling Finnie fonds, 1890-1987, can be found at the National Archives of Canada, Ottawa. The descriptive file list to the 3.7 m of textual records is No. MSS1891. There are also 24,070 photographs, ca. 116 film reels, 6 videocassettes, 48 audio cassettes, 21 audio reels, 1 audio disc, and 5 maps.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of Anne A. Finnie, 1987; accession 1987-059. Transfer from Archives, 2000, accession 2000-347.
- Historian for Bechtel Corporation and professional photographer.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Finding aid available online and in Special Collections Reading Room.