Enarrationes in Psalmos : manuscript fragment of Psalm XXXV
- Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo.
- [Eastern France/Germany, circa 825-850]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf.
- A leaf from a Carolingian folio of a major patristic text.
- Carolingian minuscule script.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- British Museum. THE ERIC GEORGE MILLAR BEQUEST OF MANUSCRIPTS AND DRAWINGS... London, British Museum, 1968. Page 14, #43.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Purchased, 1986.
- Early Christian church father and philosopher (354-430). The Enarrationes in Psalmos, a series of sermon commentaries on the Psalms, was one of Augustine's most important works.
- From the collection of Wilfred Merton; given to Eric Millar (the earliest manuscript in his collection), then as a bequest to the British Museum.