Enarrationes in Psalmos : manuscript fragment of Psalm XXXV
- [Eastern France/Germany, circa 825-850]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 0160||In-library use|
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo.
- A leaf from a Carolingian folio of a major patristic text.
- Carolingian minuscule script.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- British Museum. THE ERIC GEORGE MILLAR BEQUEST OF MANUSCRIPTS AND DRAWINGS... London, British Museum, 1968. Page 14, #43.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Purchased, 1986.
- Early Christian church father and philosopher (354-430). The Enarrationes in Psalmos, a series of sermon commentaries on the Psalms, was one of Augustine's most important works.
- From the collection of Wilfred Merton; given to Eric Millar (the earliest manuscript in his collection), then as a bequest to the British Museum.