Medical and astrological texts
- Latin. In Latin.
- [North-East Italy, ca. 1450-1480]
- Physical description
- 1 v. (76 leaves); 23 cm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS CODEX M0411 CB||In-library use|
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- An anthology of 15 medical and astrological texts including Guido of Bologna, Utrum Eger Liberetur aut Non, William of England, De Urina Non Visa, Caciagurea, Aphorismi, pseudo-Hippocrates, De'Astrologia, Gentile da Foligno, De Diebus Creticis, etc.
- Ali Abenragel.
- Foligno, Gentile da, -1348.
- Guido, of Bologna, active 1321.
- Plato, of Tivoli, active approximately 1150.
- William, of England.
- Science and civilization > Italy > 15th century.
- Astrology > History.
- Medicine > Early works to 1800.
- Science > History.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Perhaps written in The Veneto.
- Purchase, 1985.