Postilla super librum Psalmorum
- Latin. In Latin, Gothic book hand.
- [Germany, later 15th cent.]
- Physical description
- 1 v. (179 leaves); 32 cm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS CODEX M0413 FF BB||In-library use|
- Nicholas, of Lyra, approximately 1270-1349
- Commentary on the psalms.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- The book is bound with alum-tawed leather-covered boards (with a parchment label) containing several lines of 10th century Carolingian miniscule. The original iron clamp, ring, and three-link chain are attached to the back cover.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- French Franciscan friar, Theologian, and professor at the Sorbonne. The colophon on the last page of this manuscript assigns the original date for the work as 1326. The scriptural commentaries of Nicholas became the authoritative interpretation of the Bible throughout Europe.
- Gift, 1978.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #3875.