- Latin. In Latin, small gothic book hand.
- [Italy, 13th cent.]
- Physical description
- 1 v. (145 leaves); 28 cm.
- Ovid, 43 B.C.-17 A.D. or 18 A.D.
- A storehouse of mythology -- in most of the tales a human is changed into a non-human form. 15 books in hexameter.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- There are about 25 pre-13th century manuscripts of Metamorphoses and some 50 from the 13th century itself. This copy was produced in Northern Italy, probably at a university. There are marginal and inter-linear glosses that are contemporary with the text.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Metamorphoses was written just before Ovid was banished from Rome (A.D. 8). At the time it lacked his final revision.
- Gift of the Associates of Stanford University Libraries, 1980.